Memorial Hospital Auxiliary's Tree of Remembrance fund drive has raised $6,146.50 so far this year in its campaign to support the needs of the hospital.
The tree in front of Memorial Hospital is now lighted and will remain so throughout December and January. The hundreds of lights represent loved ones lost who are remembered during the Christmas season.
Funds collected this year will be used to purchase two Barrier-Free Examination Tables for the Memorial Hospital Specialty Clinic.
Those wishing to make a donation or memorial contribution in honor of a loved one may do so by mailing it to: Tree of Remembrance Chairman Apryl Bradshaw, Memorial Hospital, 1900 State St., Chester, IL, 62233.
Contributions and memorials are recognized weekly in the Chester Herald Tribune.
Donations and memorials received to date include:
• Dave Holder and Dina Chandler, in remembrance of Jim and Darlene Holder
• Joe and Marla Johnson & Family, in memory of Cole Carnahan
• Norbert and Mary Stumpe, in memory of Cynthia Baldwin and Joann Kastner
• Auxiliary Board of Directors, in memory of Ken Bollmann
• Mardell Granger, in memory of Gottlieb and Marie Moeller; Frank and Emma Granger; and Ralph F. Granger
• Derek's Lawn Service, in memory of Joe Niermann
• Dave and Mary Verseman, in memory of Roger Petrowske, Brian Petrowske and Donald Verseman
• The Kordys Family, in memory of Harry and Bonnie Jones
• Emily Lyons, in memory of Blase, Camille & Al Lyons
• McFaddin's Kennel -- Judith McFaddin, in memory of Elaine McClure
• Joan Barnes, in memory of Lester Tindall and Millie Layton
• American Legion Auxiliary, Steeleville
• Thomas and Vicki Search
• Andy's Auto Body of Chester
• Randolph County Housing Authority
• Larry and Melissa Soellner
• Dr. Stephen and Diane Platt
• Richard and Mary McDaniel