CARRIER MILLS -- Carrier Mills-Stonefort High School held its Awards Day on May 24.
• Mrs. Craig, Journalism teacher and Student Newspaper sponsor, presented awards to Madison Murphy and Emma Odum for the Co-Editor Award for the student paper, The Echo. Emmalee Fly and Savannah Stone won the Most Creative Award, Ary Guyton and Aubrey Bozarth won the Extra Mile Award, and Kitana Rees and Ghavin Dial won the Photography Award.
• Mr. Eisenhauer, Science Teacher, presented the following awards: Layna Odum for Biology I, Kaylee Horn for Biology II and Chemistry I, and Jeremy Choat for Physics.
• Mrs. Pappenfuss, History teacher, recognized Kaylee Horn as the US History Award winner and Lizzie Bristow as the Civics Award winner.
• Mrs. Anderson, English teacher, presented awards to Madison Murphy for the Best One Pagers Award, Kaylee Smith the Helping Hand Award, Mackensie Avery earned the Mythology Reader Award, Mason Owens won the Most Animated Speaker Award, Breaunna Harrison received the Most Improved Speaker Award, Zoe Threlkeld won the Breakfast Helper Award, Aidan Rollins received the English III Most Improved Award, Jacelyn Binkley won the English I Most Improved Award, and Presley Rogers and Mackensie Avery won the Eager Reader Award.
• Mrs. Craig, English teacher, also recognized Anniston Zertuche, Zoe Threlkeld, Kaylee Milligan, and Riley Vinson as the Most Improved Writers, Anna Sturgill as the Most Willing to Participate Award, Riley Avery and Abbi Musgraves for their Poetry Analysis, Savanah Allen as the Critical Thinker Extraordinaire, Robbie Hadley received the Logical Reasoning Award, and Kaylee Horn earned the MLA Writing Award. In Reading Skills, Mrs. Craig gave Morgan Murphy the Suzy Homemaker Award, Cayden Schapmire the Parenting Award, Halle Lane the Top Chef Award, and Colton Rice, Nathan Collins, and Cody Wilson earned the Most Professional Award.
• Mr. Klope, Math teacher, gave his student of the year awards to Robbie Hadley (Pre-Algebra), Kaylee Smith (Algebra I), Ethan Morse (Algebra II), Cydney Maxfield (Geometry), and Madison Murphy (Pre-Calculus).
• Mrs. Mitchell, the Student Council sponsor, recognized the following Student Council members: Faith Vinson, Gabbie Roberts, Madsion Murphy, Emma Odum, Ethan Morse, Ary Guyton, Kaylee Horn, Kaylee Smith, Brianna Cullers, Lizzie Bristow, Alli Parks, and Laney Rister.
• Mr. DeNeal, Agriculture teacher, recognized Aubrey Bozarth and Braden Snodgrass as the Top Welders and Cydney Maxfield and Kitana Rees as the Top Woodworkers Award.
• Mr. Jerrell, High School principal, presented the Student of the Year Awards to the following: Kaylee Smith (Rene Descartes Freshmen Math Award), Lizzie Bristow (Charles Dickens Freshmen Literature Award), Layna Odum (Galileo Galilei Freshmen Science Award), Devyn Valdez (Ferdinand Magellan Freshmen History Award), Robbie Hadley (Leonardo Fibonacci Sophomore Math Award), Morgan Murphy (George Orwell Sophomore Literature Award), Kaylee Horn (Nikola Tesla Sophomore Science Award), Abbi Musgraves (Benjamin Franklin Sophomore History Award), Madison Murphy (Carl Friedrich Gauss Junior Math Award), Aubrey Bozarth (J.D. Salinger Junior Literature Award), Emma Odum (Stephen Hawking Junior Science Award), Nathan Collins (Amelia Earhart Junior History Award), Haven Martin (Blaise Pascal Senior Math Award), Gabbie Roberts (Ernest Hemingway Senior Literature Award), Jeremy Choat (Aristotle Senior Math Award), and Leia Bryant (George Washington Senior History Award).