• HIIT Class taught by Gabe Motsinger, 6:30 p.m., Flip-flops & Fitness, Harrisburg.
• Tuesday Night Winter Story Time, 6:30 p.m. Harrisburg District Library.
• Refit with Liz Pilcher, 4:30 p.m., Flip-flops & Fitness, Harrisburg.
• Skywarn Storm Spotter Training. 6--8:30 p.m. Saline County Emergency Management Agency will host the National Weather Service's SKYWARN storm spotter course at Southeastern Illinois College, Room B126-W (Lecture Hall). Free. Register at www.weather.gov/pah/spottertraining. Details: Allan C. Ninness, Coordinator, (618) 252-3732 or email email@example.com.
• Wednesday Morning Winter Story Time, 11 a.m. Harrisburg District Library
• Democratic Family Night, 6-8 p.m. hosted by the Saline County Democrats at Harrisburg Town & Country Lions Club, 1400 S. Main St., Harrisburg. Food, fun and solidarity … a night of talking with the candidates, friendship, and getting out the vote.
• Paint n Pie with Libby Morecraft, 6-8:30 p.m. at BBQ Barn, 632 N. Main St., Harrisburg; $35 includes all supplies, a piece of pie and a drink.
• Read Across America with Dr. Seuss Night: 6:30 p.m., Harrisburg District Library.
• Annual Mommy/Son Dance hosted by The Mobile Music Man at the Marion Pavilion, 1602 Sioux Drive, 6-9 p.m. Music provided by The Mobile Music Man and pictures by Shooting Star Photography. Tickets are $35 per mommy/son couple $10 for each additional child or adult. Info: Stephaney Odle at (618) 922-6767. Dress is semi formal. All ages welcome.
• Soccer tryouts: Calcio Express Hawks FC will hold open tryouts for boys/girls for U9 and U11 teams, at 13851 Illinois Route 37, Johnston City, from 9:30-11 a.m. Players should bring cleats, a ball and water.
• Bayou Ghost at Wooded Hills Bar & Grill, 218 E. Poplar, Harrisburg. 8-11 p.m.
• Southern Illinois Democratic Women Trivia Night: Illinois Union of Operating Engineers, 3310 Water Tower Road, Marion, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Tickets are $20 or $160 for a team of 8. To reserve space, email SIDemWomen@gmail.com.
• Ronnie's Studio Photography Reception, 2-4 p.m., hosted by the Harrisburg District Library. The current exhibit on display in our community room features the portraits of photographer Ronnie Doerge. Upon his passing in July 2017, Ronnie's children discovered a stack of over 100 unidentified portraits in a storage building. Come take a look at this exhibit and see if you recognize anyone! It can be visited any time the library is open unless the downstairs conference room is in use. If you recognize any of the photos, you will be able to take them home that day.
Monday, March 5
• Surviving Grief Support Group. 2-4 p.m. 204 Halfway Road, Marion. Hospice of Southern Illinois presents this free series typically three times a year. Registration is required and attendees are asked to attend all six sessions. Call (618) 997-3030.
• Saline County CASA Advocate Training, 6-9 p.m., 2 E. Locust St., Suite B1, Harrisburg
Tuesday, March 6
• Chalk Painting Workshop, 6-8 p.m. SIC Community Education, 3537 College Road, Harrisburg. Room A221. Class by Maison de Mings will teach chalk painting techniques for beginners and experts. $55 (includes all supplies). Register by Feb. 27 at (618) 252-5400 ext. 4120.
• Financial Literacy II Workshop, hosted by SIC Student Support Services TRIO Program, 1-2 p.m. at SIC, Room A-153. Learn Financial Literacy skills with TRIO staff.