MARION - Three additional Williamson County employees have opted for the county's early-retirement plan it was reported at Tuesday morning's regular meeting of the board of commissioners.
Announcing their retirements later this calendar year were Patty Greeney, a legal secretary with the state's attorney's office; James Hines, a deputy sheriff/security guard at the courthouse; and Mary Killman, another legal secretary with the state's attorney's office.
The early-retirement incentive package concludes Nov. 30.
In other board news:
* Commissioner Jim Marlo advocated for the installation of additional security cameras on the outside of the Administration Building to oversee the parking lot.
* Supervisor of Assessments Jeff Robinson said the Board of Review fielded 538 property tax complaints and acted on 384.
* EMA director Kelly Urhahn said she and assistant, Pat Creek, met with over 800 fourth-graders in the county this year regarding the Pillow Case Project as funded by the American Red Cross and Disney. Each student was presented with a pillow case to store personal items in the event of an emergency that could force the student from his or her home.
* Information Technology director John Miller recommended to the commissioners that county officeholders at the Administration Building go offline for a few hours on the day of the eclipse in August, thus negating the risk of power failure and the potential damage to computer software.
* Assistant state's attorney Wendy Cunningham said the legal paperwork is progressing to ensure a land transfer between the county and resident Jerry Barrass.
* Allan McCabe of Creal Springs was appointed to the Burnside Water District board for a five-year term.
* Paul Lunsford of Herrin was appointed the Blairsville Water Distict board for a five-year term.
* Commissioner Brent Gentry said Saturday, April 22nd marks the date of the next countywide free dump day at the highway department on Illinois 37. No electronics, tires, paint, chemicals or yard waste will be accepted at the dump site.