|
|
|
The Daily Register - Harrisburg, IL
  • Fire blamed on cat, candle

  • Harrisburg firefighters extinguished a bedroom fire on the morning of Aug. 21 at 100 Pickering Road, the home of Mike Winters.
    • email print
      Comment
  • Harrisburg firefighters extinguished a bedroom fire on the morning of Aug. 21 at 100 Pickering Road, the home of Mike Winters.
    Firefighters responded at 7:50 a.m. and were quickly able to get the fire under control, though a bedroom was sustained major fire damage, according to Captain Donnie Wall.
    “Fire damage was contained to the bedroom with heat and smoke damage throughout the house,” Wall said.
    “There was not much water damage. We got it knocked down really fast.”
    Winters was at work and his wife was at home.
    Wall said he believes a cat knocked over a candle and the blaze ensued.
    Firefighters were on the scene about 45 minutes.

        calendar