Harrisburg firefighters have had a busy few days since the weekend with two house fires and one smoke scare.
Firefighters responded 3:54 p.m. Sunday to 104 N. Michigan St., the residence of Deneen Stilley. Firefighters arrived four minutes later to find over half the structure fully engulfed with flames, according to the fire report.
Firefighters remained on the scene for about two hours.
According to firefighters, the structure was too heavily destroyed to immediately determine a cause.
There were 17 firefighters working either at the scene of the fire or manning the station.
On Friday firefighters responded to a structure fire at 510 S. Vine St., the residence of Trisha Smith and owned by Tracy March.
Upon arrival firefighters found heavy smoke and fire exiting from the attic area in the rear of the house and inside found the kitchen and attic on fire. Major fire and smoke damage was throughout the house, according to the fire report.
Thirteen firefighters were on the scene.
At 7:16 p.m. firefighters responded to a smoke scare at the Century Estates Apartments at 414 Small St. to find the furnace controls had overheated.
They were on the scene about 20 minutes.