|
|
|
The Daily Register - Harrisburg, IL
  • Three Sunday calls for Harrisburg firefighters

  • Harrisburg firefighters responded to three calls Sunday.
    • email print
  • Harrisburg firefighters responded to three calls Sunday.
    At 1:01 p.m. firefighters responded to 1401 S. Ledford St., Harrisburg, where a mobile home was on fire. Smoke was emerging from a skylight when firefighters arrived, according to the fire report.
    Firefighters extinguished the fire in the kitchen area.
    Firefighters found several cats and dogs inside and removed them to safety.
    Damage was contained to the kitchen area and cabinets and firefighters were on the scene just under an hour.
    The mobile home is owned by Connie Toothman.
    The was the second call of the day.
    The first was 1:48 a.m. to 400 E. Locust St. where the occupant Luis Walle smelled smoke.
    Firefighters smelled overheated wiring and used the thermal imaging camera to investigate.
    On checking the furnace firefighters found one of the 60 amp circuit breakers had activated and on turning on the furnace determined it was the problem.
    At 9:54 p.m. firefighters responded to 2 N. Skaggs Ave. for an automatic alarm to find liquid from cooking a chicken in Jain Miller’s apartment had dripped on the heating element to create smoke.

        calendar