Preliminary damage assessments for Galatia due to the Jan. 29 storm, provided by Saline County Emergency Management Agency Coordinator Allan C. Ninness indicate there were 28 properties affected:
- 22 single family structures
- 2 multi family structures, both Saline County Housing Authority properties with four apartments each. Three of the eight units are uninhabitable
- 4 manufactured homes
- 2 are classified total losses
- 8 are classified habitable with repairs
- 18 are classified habitable without repairs
The figures do not include damage to outbuildings, barns or unattached garages, though many were damaged in the village.