|
|
|
The Daily Register - Harrisburg, IL
  • Candle, cat blamed for outbuilding fire

  • Harrisburg firefighters are blaming a candle and a cat for a fire in an outbuilding at 110 W. Park St. Thursday night.
    • email print
  • Harrisburg firefighters are blaming a candle and a cat for a fire in an outbuilding at 110 W. Park St. Thursday night.
    Firefighters received the tone 10:38 p.m. The initial report was of a house on fire on Park Street, but firefighters found it actually was a building on fire behind the main house. The building is owned by Justin James.
    The fire was hot enough to ignite the building beside it and melt the vinyl siding on Guy Hillyers' house, according to the fire report.
    Chief Bill Summers said he believes a candle provided the heat source and a cat possibly could have knocked it from where it had been placed.
    Firefighters were on the scene about an hour.
      • calendar